The Food stylist & Photographer Julia Maksymczuk created a Summer Recipe perfect to beat the heat, a Cold Soba Noodles salad made with lemony zucchini, roasted apricots and burrata. We enjoyed seeing how Julia used our CAST collection to organize and display her recipe and hope you will get inspired for your summer lunch and dinner.
Ingredients (for two people):
2 bundles of soba noodles
1 tsp sugar
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
Fresh coriander to taste
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 220°. Cook soba noodles according to package instructions.
2. Cut the zucchini into thin strips, ideally with a mandolin. Place the zucchini slices on a plate, season with salt and pepper, zest 1/2 lemon on the zucchini and sprinkle with half a lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover the zucchini with the marinade. Let's rest.
3. Cut the apricots into quarters and place them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven.
4. Roast the pine nuts in a dry pan for 2-3 minutes until browned. Mix 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
5. Place the soba noodles in the bowl with the dressing and toss everything together, then place one portion of soba noodles per bowl. Add 1/2 burrata per person, marinated zucchini, roasted apricots, pine nuts, chopped coriander and cranberries.
Julia Maksymczuk is a Food stylist & Photographer. Since 2009, she has been sharing recipes and culinary recommendations on her blog and Instagram account @julialaposegourmande.