The Food stylist & Photographer Julia Maksymczuk created a Crepes Recipe with salted butter caramel, candied pears and caramelized puffed rice. We enjoyed seeing how Julia used the CAST and FOG collections. We hope this new recipe will bring comfort and inspiration in the preparation of your breakfast with friends and family.
- 7 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch of yeast
- 250ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 small firm pears
- Juice of 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 80ml water
- A little butter
- 50g of sugar
- 5 tbsp puffed rice
- 80g sugar
- 40g semi-salted butter
- 100ml heavy cream
- Make crepe dough. In a bowl, gradually pour the milk over the flour, yeast and sugar while whisking the mixture and avoiding lumps. Add the 3 eggs and whisk until smooth. Let the dough rest.
- Make candied pears. Wash the pears and cut them in 4, removing the core with the seeds. Place in a baking dish by adding 80ml of water, sprinkle the pears with lemon juice and sprinkle with a little sugar then place a few knobs of butter on top. Bake 30 min at 170°C then 15 min at 220°C. Halfway through cooking, baste the pears with the juice and if necessary add a little water.
- Make caramelized puffed rice. Make a caramel by heating 50g of sugar over medium heat without stirring until a nice amber color is obtained. Mix at the end to homogenize the caramel. Remove from heat, add the puffed rice. Mix with a spatula then spread the rice between 2 sheets of baking paper with your hands or a rolling pin and form a layer of 1cm maximum.
- Make salted butter caramel. Heat the heavy cream. Put the sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until you get an amber caramel. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add the cream, stirring well. Return the pan to low heat and add the butter, stirring well. The consistency should be that of a moderately liquid cream, if necessary you can continue cooking until you obtain the desired consistency. Keep aside.
- Cook the crepes in a skillet. On each plate place a crepe folded in four, topped with salted butter caramel, the candied pears and the puffed rice. You can add more caramel on top.
Julia Maksymczuk is a Food stylist & Photographer. Since 2009, she has been sharing recipes and culinary recommendations on her blog and Instagram.