Tips for long use
KAKOMI IH donabe absorbs almost no water, so there is no need for the process of seasoning (called "medome" in Japanese). Before using, please lightly wash with a neutral detergent.
Wash with a neutral dishwashing detergent and a soft sponge, making sure to dry thoroughly after washing.
When using a dishwasher, please store in a way so that the dishes do not come into contact with each other.
* The pot of IH donabe cannot be used in the dishwasher.
Repeated scorching may damage the heating element. Adjust the heat to prevent scorching while cooking, and stir your food well. Do not heat the pot empty and avoid rapid temperature changes.
When using the KAKOMI rice cooker, please adjust the amount of water and the heating time depending on the type of rice you use and your preference.
Please refer to the following for the heat levels introduced in KAKOMI recipes on our website and product leaflets.
If you burn the pot
We recommend cleaning with baking soda and a melamine sponge.
1. Add approximately 1 tablespoon baking soda and water to the pot. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
* Please do not use cleansers or a scrubbing brush.
* To clean the heating element on the back of the IH donabe, use a soft sponge and avoid using a melamine sponge.
Do not stir-fry or deep-fry foods as they may cause scorching and damage to the pot.
Please remove the lid when using in an oven.
Items can be used in the microwave. Please refer to the following when cooking rice with the KAKOMI rice cooker in the microwave.
[For 1 cup] 150g rice, 200ml water
[For 2 cups] 300g rice, 400ml water
1. Rinse rice gently with water, let it rest for 20 minutes in a bowl and drain.
2. Put rice and water in the rice cooker.
3. Set the inner lid and outer lid so that steam vents are not aligned, then cook in the microwave at 500W. (5-6 minutes for 1 cup, 8-10 minutes for 2 cups)
4. Set the microwave to 200W and cook. (5 minutes for 1 cup, 10 minutes for 2 cups)
5. Let it settle for 10 minutes and remove the lid to serve.
*Adjust the amount of water and heating time according your preference.
Frequently asked questions regarding the KAKOMI collection can be foundhere.