Enjoy sticky and delicious OKOWA cooked with seasonal vegetables.
Ingredients (3 go rice・KAKOMI IH donabe 2.5L)
500g glutinous rice / 800ml water / 1/2 burdock / 1 carrot / 1 "abura-age" (deep-fried tofu)
[A] 30ml cooking sake / 30ml sweet cooking sake / 30ml say source
*Rinse glutinous rice and stork in water over 3 hours in refrigerator. Drain the glutinous rice in a sieve before steaming
*Wet a steaming cloth with water and squeeze it tightly (You can use a big Tenugui (Japanese towl) or something instead)
How to make
1. Put 800ml water in KAKOMI IH donabe and bring to a boil. When it boils, set steam plate and steam cloth. Put glutinous rice, which water has been removed while being wrapped in the steam cloth.
2. Cover and steam for 20 minutes on medium heat.
3. Put [A], thinly sliced burdock, carrot, and abura-age in a bowl and mix well.
4. Take the steamed glutinous rice and mix well together with 3, put it back to donabe, and steam for 20 minutes.
5. After steaming, mix with rice scoop.