Butter and Sage Tortelli Recipe with Fusillo Lab
At Fusillo Lab, gathering people around the table, sharing and exchanging delicious meals is a way to get inspired. During a lunch with friends and collaborators, they cooked Butter and Sage Seasonal Tortelli using the CERAMIC LAB collection. They shared their recipe with us.
Ingredients (for two people)
For the pasta:
- 200g Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Semolina flour for dusting
For the filling:
- 100g Seasonal vegetables (such as peas and Italian agretti)
- 250g Fresh ricotta cheese
- 50g Grated Parmesan
- Olive oil / salt / pepper (to taste)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 50g Butter
- Sage and wild fennel to season
[Start with the dough]
1. Pour the flour onto a work surface then make a well in the middle and crack the eggs into the middle.
2. Beat the eggs with a fork, adding a little flour at a time.
Continue beating until the dough is even enough to work with your hands, then knead it for at least ten minutes.
3. When the dough is smooth and totally mixed, wrap it in film and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
[Now for the filling]
4. Sauté the vegetables in a pan with oil and garlic until cooked.
5. Mix them in a bowl with the ricotta and Parmigiano Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Put the filling into a pastry bag (or leave it to rest and then use a spoon) and place it in the refrigerator.
[Make the tortelli]
7. Place the dough on a work surface and roll it out very thinly with a rolling pin or with a dough sheeter machine.
8. Place a small amount of the filling onto the dough and cut out the shape of the tortello around it with a wheel cutter (round or square).
9. Fold it in half first, and then press down on the edges to create the tortello. Continue until all the dough is used up.
10. Boil the tortelli in salted water for a few minutes depending on the thickness of the dough, then quickly toss them in a pan with butter, sage and a little cooking water to create an emulsion.
11. Serve the tortelli and garnish them with parmesan flakes, wild fennel and pepper.
Enjoy your meal!